r|alex: my 1st weekend ...
... after wk 1, i have continued to get stuff wrapped up, fill out more forms, buy cubicle goodies, and transition my business stuff.
for sunday morn, after already dealing w/some chores + errands, i've decided to take a quick breakfast break - coffee + scone at orchard valley coffee in campbell.
reading material? not yet with newspapers this morn - later. but yesterday, i picked up a very entertaining used book titled "officespeak: the win-win guide to touching base, getting the ball rolling, and thinking inside the box" by d.w. martin. this book is nutty-funny-sarcastic and guffaw-instigating(!), in public even!
(i will post a longer & real r|alex
when i'm back at the office.
hmmm? that came sounding kind of ...
uhm ... never mind.)
Labels: r|alex, r|read, r|transition

1 Comments:
Wow, way to get comfortable wearing your public service hat!!
But seriously, I am sure that this was not an easy decision. I am positive that this experience will be great for you. I can't wait until you get back to your job and post hefty messages for our reading pleasure.
If the Bay City Rollers no longer do it for you, I can send you my "Remains of the Day" lunchbox. They're very popular.
As my good friend Christopher Guest said, "Kids don't like eating lunch at school. But if they have a "Remains of the Day" lunchbox, they're a whole lot happier."
Post a Comment
<< Home