ReLo'd to BA from SD

in late 2006, relocated my angst, business, and social life to NoCal from SoCal ... just a 40-something chick in the 'burbs of the SF bay area who randomly posts about random topics ... the occasional quirky stories of dating (or not) at 40-ish, work-week cubeopolis frivolity, rambling musings on nostalgika, and the occasional introspective moments in life.(thanks for visiting! >p, b)

Saturday, September 22, 2007

what you've said so far ...

Bookmark and Share


uh, thanks?

announcements to people ...
over the last couple of weeks or so, i started sending out announcements to clients, vendors, friends, and business colleagues regarding my upcoming re-entry into the traditional workforce, while EXPLICITLY noting that i also will maintain my business (y'know, gotta pay taxes, deal with administrative activities, and stuff).

here are some responses (sans billn who will have my own tribute to his responses):
  • "quick, excited responses" congrats ...
    Congratulations! ... WOW! Woo hoo!! Good job! Way to go! Atta girl! I’m happy for you, Shirl! ... cool. congrats, shirlsd! ... ShirlSD, congratulations sounds like a whole new adventure. Keep us posted. ... exciting news! best of luck! keep in touch. ...
  • "commentary of my future role" congrats ...
    Congratulations and best wishes in your new position. I am sure that you will be very effective in [the organization] with your vast experience in [the stuff you do] issues. Besides, I hope that your move to the San Francisco Bay Area will be good for [family] in this area. Let's have lunch after you settle down in San Francisco. ...

    Shirlsd, congratulations!!! It will be good to have one of the good guys on [the organization's] Staff.

    Go get those bad boys (and girls).
  • "dark side reference" congrats ... (there were a couple more, but this is the main sentiment. some had not-so-nice things to say. people! play nicely in the sand box)
    Going to the dark side I see! ... So you're moving over to the dark side. Best of luck.
  • "getting down to the nitty-gritty" congrats ...
    Please let me know as soon as you can whether you can support our project. As you know, the main task you would be involved in has a report due Oct. 2007, so the work would need to be conducted mainly in October. I wonder-- if you have not received an 'official' approval by end of Sept., can you still support the project in October?
  • "let's hold hands" congrats ...
    Congratulations!? I added the question mark because the future is unknown. If it makes you happy, then I am happy that you are. Have fun working with all the other [type of workers] under [the organization]. The world is wonderful.

    Congratulations. I hope the job works out as you want. ... Congratulations!! I'm happy for you. I hope it's everything you hope it to be.

    Hope this is what you want - it is certainly a change from running your own business. Give me a call when you have a minute; I will also try calling you this week. Hope all is well with [family].

    Congrats on the new job. I take it you'll be commuting into SF on bart? ... You had told me you were interviewing for this job. But I'm still a little surprised you're easing out of self-employment. There's a lot of stress in self-employment. Is that one of the reasons? I often think it would be nice to get a W-2 job. Actually, I think about it all the time. Well, good luck with your first week.
  • the "l'il chuckle" congrats ...
    Hey good luck with that new 40 hr gig. ... Congrats Shirley! Only 40 hrs a week? What are you going to do with all that free time? :) ... If you really plan to work 40 hours per week, what will you do with all of your free time - besides blog ...
  • "be-a-messenger" congrats ... Congrats Shirl! Please be sure to look up my good friend bt at [the organization]. Tell her hi for me if you meet here. You can probably both have a laugh at my expense! Please send contact info when you can.
... so those are just a few congrats that leads me to the start of my "thanks-you-to-do" list
  • notify folks of my new contact info
  • set up lunch dates (and perhaps after work drinks or din-dins)
  • ponder (and perhaps write) thoughts about the good vs. bad perspective
  • get a l'il insight on the "dark side" perspective
  • tie up loose ends on the business side of things with projects, admin, invoicing, filing, etc.
  • hug some folks
  • blog
  • meet bt and laugh at bf's expense
celebrate my decision!


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirley,

Your move to public service is a good thing for us, and for you. The EPA needs people who have an understanding of permitting issues and how to resolve them in an appropriate manner.

For you, this provides an opportunity to return to a more disciplined life, and with it, the ability to enjoy yourself more.

AND, to start going to basketball games this winter.

Mac

Sat Sep 22, 05:32:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter