ReLo'd to BA from SD

in late 2006, relocated my angst, business, and social life to NoCal from SoCal ... just a 40-something chick in the 'burbs of the SF bay area who randomly posts about random topics ... the occasional quirky stories of dating (or not) at 40-ish, work-week cubeopolis frivolity, rambling musings on nostalgika, and the occasional introspective moments in life.(thanks for visiting! >p, b)

Monday, June 11, 2007

round and round for a in sd

Bookmark and Share

well, this is for alex in SD (or now r|alex) ... thanks, r|alex, for future therapy that freakin cute tune i have had stuck in my head. i am soooo grateful. really. no - really, i am. it has inspired me to do "stuff" on the weekends. and not too much routine or old stuff. (recall a few weeks ago with kathy was a good out/about)

so you, alex, can join me (and ramona) on this past saturday's frolic! to prep you - weather was great. nice weather - occasionally, a bit windy, but sun was up and it was quite warm. (water please) no jacket needed. got a little overcast (on/off) through the afternoon, but still a nice day (and evening). still, must always wear sunscressn.

this weekend, i (and ramona) started the day much later than other saturday outings. but needless to say - coffee was involved. peet's. in fremont.

and here is the deal about peet's (and maybe it's just this peet's in fremont). so-so-soooooo not a fan of having pictures taken inside the coffee house. o.k. - maybe it's because ramona wanted to hang out on top of the pastry container ... or in the sugar bins ... or near the teas ... or on top of the 'today's coffee' sign. who knows?! all i know is, getting water and documenting that event was a dicey effort. really. (in fact, two cool, peet's baristas made a point to look away during the attempted picture takings. that way, they could honestly deny knowing whether i took a picture or not. again - really.)

after peet's ... atm so i could have the cash to purchase a ticket for the dance recital at the smith center in ohlone college. i went mainly to watch my friend j perform in both the beginning & intermediate salsa dance slots.

given this recital was for several other dance classes, just a few more pics from the recital ... costumes galore. tap. ballet. modern. kids. young. teens. adults. there were actually two solos that were pretty cool, and one of the dances was to the song for good, which is from wicked, the musical. (such a nice song. tear.)

after congrats and hugs back stage with my friend, took a little drive ... turns out i have become a bit more aware of the cleanliness (or not) of my car as a result of my foreigner. that is a good thing that he brought into my life. keep the car clean - inside and out. it's now what i do. not sure why that stuck, but it did.

with coupon in hand, headed to a car wash place. and it was quite the treat for ramona, who politely reminded me to do the one thing i always seem to forget (and sometimes the car wash people forget to deal with it) - remove the antenna.

otherwise - fun at the car wash, just hanging out until the car wash dudes got the gunk off my car - bird poopers and pee-pee, coffee drips (?!), black rubber marks on my bumper, smushed bugs, etc.

after getting the l'il car bathed, decided i needed the book fix sooner than later

... so off to the book store, barnes & noble. and "the purchase?" r|alex asks. my answer - anne-marie slaughter's the idea that is america.

then enough of the procrastinating around town. weekends are also for chores.

back home for laundry. a little washing. a little drying and a little folding of clothes. (note to self - take clothes & linen out of the dryer sooner than later, and find that missing sock.)

took a little televison break before other evening chores and dinner. a little t.v. version of the movie shrek.

and if you look closely,
shrek's expression compliments the bubbly water.
a l'il shrek utot doesn't hurt anyone.
[rest of the evening,
made dinner at home, more movie watching, and
more reading. just relaxed to prep for sunday's outings.]


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill N. said...

I feel honored that you are inspired by my plier-pictures. Yes, I am ignoring the hundreds or thousands of people who have already done the same thing; I will ignorantly believe I invented putting an incongruous or inconspicuous object in a series of dissimilar pictures.

Mon Jun 11, 10:58:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so nice that I am now r|alex. I feel so included. Nice to see you had a good time. What a full day you had. Now that the wheels on the bus are going round and round and you are starting to get acclimated, here's another song... or (song-ish).... I think I can, I think I can, I...think...I....can. :)

Mon Jun 11, 06:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bill N. said...

The little air quality consultant who could? R|Shirl actually sings "I know I can, I know I can."

Tue Jun 12, 07:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger shirlnutkin said...

oh billn, how very sweet! thanks much. (meanwhile, jones-ing for some pics & progress stories from 70hack!)

Tue Jun 12, 09:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Bill N. said...

70hack will be back online soon, DSL modem might arrive today. Look for updates this week.

Tue Jun 12, 11:53:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter