ReLo'd to BA from SD

in late 2006, relocated my angst, business, and social life to NoCal from SoCal ... just a 40-something chick in the 'burbs of the SF bay area who randomly posts about random topics ... the occasional quirky stories of dating (or not) at 40-ish, work-week cubeopolis frivolity, rambling musings on nostalgika, and the occasional introspective moments in life.(thanks for visiting! >p, b)

Saturday, July 14, 2007

r|break: a.moyet

Bookmark and Share

working this weekend to catch-up and stay caught up (or maybe even ahead?!). also, will be heading over to my nephews 9th b-day ('cuz he turned 8 years old last year). meanwhile, music ...

... for this retro weekend - with some alison moyet

ode to boy

When he moves I watch him from behind
He turns and laughter flickers in his eyes

Intent and direct when he speaks

I watch his lips

When he drives I love to watch his hands

White and smooth almost feminine

Almost American

I have to watch him


In his face age descends on youth

Exaggeration on the truth

He caught me looking then but soon his eyes forgot

And everything he seems to do

Reflects just another shade of blue

I saw him searching into you and ached a while


I watch his lips caress the glass

His fingers stroke its stem and pass

To lift a cigarette at last

He dries his eyes

From the shadows by the stair

I watch as he weeps unaware
That I'm in awe of his despair

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter