ReLo'd to BA from SD

in late 2006, relocated my angst, business, and social life to NoCal from SoCal ... just a 40-something chick in the 'burbs of the SF bay area who randomly posts about random topics ... the occasional quirky stories of dating (or not) at 40-ish, work-week cubeopolis frivolity, rambling musings on nostalgika, and the occasional introspective moments in life.(thanks for visiting! >p, b)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

r|break: a l'il tartar sauce

Bookmark and Share

from the weather man (movie) ...

... that i think wonderfully captures that random thought pattern. the l'il monologue goes something like this
"Man, I'd like to put my face in there. Right in there. Tartar sauce. My hips are cold. Tartar sauce. That's when you know it's cold. I like eating pussy. Tartar sauce. A lot of guys don't. Well maybe they do. Maybe that's just black guys. Tartar sauce. What happened to the guy who was trying to go around the world in a balloon? Did he make it? I should put some espionage or stolen plutonium in my novel. Tartar sauce. Spice it up. Neil Young. Fuck, it's cold. Neil Young? Wh-why am I thinking about Neil Young? Neil Diamond. Neil... There's not a lot of famous Neils. Is this Wednesday? I wish I had two dicks. I thought the whole family was going to learn Spanish together this year. That never really happened. I haven't had a Spanish omelette in a long time. Here we go."
... ever have such a healthy dose of stream of consciousness?
i'll start off with something LATER ...


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bill N. said...

My stream of conciousness sounds like this:

"Avoid silica dust" says the warning sticker on the cementatious backer board. Who needs instructions?

Wed Jun 13, 04:57:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And my stream of conciousness says:

"Holy Shit, what am I doing?"

Wed Jun 13, 09:20:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That clip seemed, I dunno, a little...R|rated...for you, Shirl. My image of you has been irreparably shattered. - f

Thu Jun 14, 01:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger shirlnutkin said...

to anonymous f ...

focus on OTHER PARTS of the stream of consciousness. tartar sauce. it’s about the – tartar sauce - random relationship of memory, visual stuff, etc. tartar sauce. so get your head – tartar sauce – out of the twig and berries – tartar sauce – of it all. i mean forest for the trees. right? tartar sauce. something like that. what? berries? are strawberries in season? i should buy whipped cream. tartar sauce. i’m o.k. with my coffee black. black really is a slimming color. i wonder if blackberries taste good. i’ll try some with my fiber one cereal tomorrow morning. walk. gotta walk tomorrow. tomorrow. tomorrow. what breed was annie’s dog? i gotta get a dog. one that doesn’t shed.

‘nuff --- get your head – uh – outta the gutter.

p.s. others, hope you don’t mind me sharing my response to "f" ... he started it. tartar sauce.

Thu Jun 14, 01:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bill N. said...

I'm tired; I need to buy a 4.5" hole saw for the laundry duct discharge. I'm frustrated by the insects that are invading our house, I wish I had help to finish the kitchen so I could put the siding up so they wouldn't enter our building without paying rent. Stephen Colbert is awesome; I wish he lived in VT. It is late. I should go to sleep. I don't even know what a Spanish omlet is. Yes the post was a little R rated, but this is not a place kids are likely to roam. WHat 9 year old would be intersted in pigdog, air quality and mango biscuits and coffee? Shirlsd is awesome, but Stephen Colbert is funnier. Posting on this site is lame because of the "word verification" but evidently Shirlsd needs security.

Thu Jun 14, 08:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger shirlnutkin said...

billN thinks "word verification" is lame ... hmmmm? i agree, especially when the letters are smushed or just totally hard to read. not so much the security, but just that added break from spam potential, y'know?! (and yes, s.colbert is funnier, by far.)

Thu Jun 14, 11:35:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter