ReLo'd to BA from SD

in late 2006, relocated my angst, business, and social life to NoCal from SoCal ... just a 40-something chick in the 'burbs of the SF bay area who randomly posts about random topics ... the occasional quirky stories of dating (or not) at 40-ish, work-week cubeopolis frivolity, rambling musings on nostalgika, and the occasional introspective moments in life.(thanks for visiting! >p, b)

Monday, May 21, 2007

breathe ...

Bookmark and Share

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
- Daniel Boorstin

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sacto Floyd's Corollary:

The greatest obstacle to discovery is having opposing counsel with a very large retainer.

Mon May 21, 04:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bill N. said...

Evidently Sacto Floyd knows about more than just amortize.

Tue May 22, 10:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger shirlnutkin said...

bill n. - if you were not aware, sacto floyd may actually be able to answer the cross-linked-poly-whatever on your l'il blog post. (scary, err... impressive, eh? chemE and lawyer!)

Tue May 22, 01:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bill N. said...

I wonder when was the last time sacto floyd saw the sun. I cannot fathom how a brain that big might fit through a doorway. Chemical Engineering is bad enough; but add to that all the painful brainpower needed to apply, be accepted, attend and graduate from law school. Don't even start talking about the bar exam.

I would like to believe shirlsd with her single, lowly degree in chemical engineer from a famous, highly rated college can answer the question. I have a good idea and I have a civil engineering degree from a not-so-highly rated public college.

Tue May 22, 01:35:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know nothing about cross-dressing polynesians.

Thu May 24, 02:19:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brain's no bigger than the average Joe. I just emit fewer greenhouse gases than most, which explains how I'm able to squeeze my inflated ego into my office.

Thu May 24, 04:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bill N. said...

Sacto Flyod is so smart he understands the non-intuitive. Being that he emits less greenhouse gasses, his noggin is slimmer than most. I would believe those of us not Sacto Floyd or cross-drilled polynomials emit significant greenhouse gasses and have thicker heads.

As usual, the smart show their smartness by being smart instead of saying how smart they are.

Fri May 25, 07:17:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter