ReLo'd to BA from SD

in late 2006, relocated my angst, business, and social life to NoCal from SoCal ... just a 40-something chick in the 'burbs of the SF bay area who randomly posts about random topics ... the occasional quirky stories of dating (or not) at 40-ish, work-week cubeopolis frivolity, rambling musings on nostalgika, and the occasional introspective moments in life.(thanks for visiting! >p, b)

Friday, December 19, 2008

tc5: epi6 bgbgbgbhg-ing!!!

Bookmark and Share

it's time for some episode 6 blog hunting & gathering with the boys & girls. these are the places i poach for tcfrivolity fodder. results for epi4 & epi5 over here. (half-way down the post with pick of weird-beard dude)

for epi6, no one was booted! (WTF?! BITE ME, BRAVO!) hmmmm...? should be kinda interesting in the bhg-ing effort. i (and other tcfrivolity peeps) somewhat shared the NOT-SO-MUCH (BITE ME, BRAVO) sentiment, so perhaps the recaps will energize me - or at least provide validation?!

although not all the boys & girls have posted yet, that's o.k. - i gots some time (aka procrastinating), so let's see who's up. (this will be "part 1" of the epi6 bhg-ing. i'll post a "part 2" when the bgb's posts are up.)
  • david dust opens with his rendition of epi6's "how the fridge stole christmas" ... so our starting bookend of bhg-ing OPENS with a clever recap title. (promising!) and CLOSES with a description of this episode that at last 2 tcfrivolity peeps (harold's girl & halo-halo) will drink to - ddust says it best ...
    • "Huh??? Um, I thought that was the whole idea behind each challenge - to get rid of the people that sucked.

      So, basically, EVERYONE sucked this week – but everyone stays. Bah Humbug!!! Merry Friggin’ Christmas."

    • a few other precious ddust quips & thoughts about some of the cheftestants & judges throughout his post ...
      • on (eu)gene ... Eugene, on the other hand, is cranky – but happy that he wasn’t sent home last week. He vows to continue doing what HE does best – “Pacific Rim” cuisine – which sounds like something dirty they do in Honolulu.
      • on fabio & stefan ... Ultimately, the European Lovebirds reveal their strategy for winning: beat everyone else first, and then beat each other. I would like to watch, if you don’t mind…
      • on padma ... Padma tells the Chefs that they will cook a holiday meal using one pot. I will let the other Recappers make the Padma/Pot jokes. She’s never passed me a joint, so I have no idea if she likes to blaze trees or not.
      • on martha (stewart) ... Martha gives them a tip – keep is simple, but not too simple. She attributes this advice to another New Jersey resident, Albert Einstein. Because when I think of the theory of relativity or quantum physics – I think “simple”.
      • on melissa ... and some blond girl (I think her name is “Melissa” or “Michelle” or “Matilda”) is doing a cheesy “Eight Maids-A-Milking” dish.
      • on judge michelle bernstein ... tastes Melissa’s Eight Maid’s A Milking dish and remarks “I taste cheese”. I bet that’s not the first time she’s said that.
      • more on melissa ... (hee-hee) On the bottom we have Eugene, Melissa, and Jamie. Oh, I remember Melissa now – she’s the one who sucks every week!
  • amuse-biatch's ... LIKEWISE comes through with their "meh" sentiment proudly posted
    (click pic to visit amuse-biatch!)

    and a few other posts from them include: bravo's editing bullshit, gail glee, and a l'il behind-the-scenes with fauxhawk sporting barry (AND worth the read over at barry's blog post - has pics of the cheftestants' food creations stuff).
  • cliffie ... isn't up yet - but i WILL keep checking and just add another bhg post with cliffie. hmmm? what monikers will he come up with for epi6?! - - - PATIENCE !
  • blogging top chef ... isn't up yet. hmmm? what will be posted? again, PATIENCE !
  • eric3000's ... isn't up yet. looking forward to the clever dialogue and snarky & spot-on perspective. MORE PATIENCE !
  • minx closes this eve's bhg with her epi6 recap over here ... and as i started with ddust's quips & thoughts, here are a few from the minx (HOWEVER, go to her site to appreciate the pics with funny quips) ...
    • on padma ... Padma, whose clothing budget has been drastically cut, leaving her to wear jeans so tight one can see the outline of the front pockets... those jeans do stunningly horrible things to your ass ...
    • on radhika ... i'm a slob in the kitchen. i have to dirty ten pots and pans to cook one dish.
    • on (guess who?) ... i'm so intimidated. my eyes are going to pop out of my head.
GO - GO - GO
BHG-ing!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger David Dust said...

Yeah - I was really pissed. They made us sit through 1 hour and 15 minutes, and then didn't send anyone home - LAME.

But I AM impressed with myself for getting my recap out so much quicker than the rest :)

XOXOXO

Fri Dec 19, 07:16:00 PM PST  
Blogger JenM said...

Bravo better dig deep in that editing room....I WANT SCANDAL, CATTINESS, ANYTHING but this yawn fest of a season.......B-O-R-I-N-G

Sat Dec 20, 05:41:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter