ReLo'd to BA from SD

in late 2006, relocated my angst, business, and social life to NoCal from SoCal ... just a 40-something chick in the 'burbs of the SF bay area who randomly posts about random topics ... the occasional quirky stories of dating (or not) at 40-ish, work-week cubeopolis frivolity, rambling musings on nostalgika, and the occasional introspective moments in life.(thanks for visiting! >p, b)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

ice|clip: ... watch and listen

Bookmark and Share

yup! another pr5air post soon. however, before the epi7 results, let's take a little break.

a bit outta context ... but here y'go
But like I said . . . what am I suppose to do? Like Richard Gere in An Officer and a Gentlement, I'm shrieking through tears like a little girl:
"don't you do it! don't. you ... i got nowhere else to go. i got nowhere else to g ..."
(be patient a little past a minute for the visual/quote)
and then from a movie (stranger than fiction)
that i watched for the first time (although not the last) ...



wanna sing-a-long?
(lyrics from: wrecklesseric.com)
When I was a young boy
My mama said to me
There's only one girl in the world for you
And she probably lives in Tahiti

I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Just to find her

Or maybe she's in the Bahamas
Where the Carribean sea is blue
Weeping in a tropical moonlit night
Because nobody's told her 'bout you

I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Just to find her
I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Find out where they hide her


Why am I hanging around in the rain out here
Trying to pick up a girl
Why are my eyes filling up with these lonely tears
When there're girls all over the world

Is she lying on a tropical beach somewhere
Underneath the tropical sun
Pining away in a heatwave there
Hoping that I won't be long

I should be lying on that sun-soaked beach with her
Caressing her warm brown skin
And then in a year or maybe not quite
We'll be sharing the same next of kin

I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Just to find her
I'd go the whole wide world
I'd go the whole wide world
Find out where they hide her


hope you enjoyed this little break
before the epi7 results!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter