ReLo'd to BA from SD

in late 2006, relocated my angst, business, and social life to NoCal from SoCal ... just a 40-something chick in the 'burbs of the SF bay area who randomly posts about random topics ... the occasional quirky stories of dating (or not) at 40-ish, work-week cubeopolis frivolity, rambling musings on nostalgika, and the occasional introspective moments in life.(thanks for visiting! >p, b)

Friday, June 22, 2007

friday's feast

Bookmark and Share

one hundred & forty nine
(visit & play over here. go.)
[from california cafe in littleton, colorado]

Appetizer
Name a funny habit you have
. not necessarily "funny" but a bit obsessive, i s'pose - the toilet paper must be "over" ... so i'll even 'fix' other people's TP when i'm at their place. ... and then one other that's kind of a habit and only "funny" because i laugh at it (and some of my friends do also - while others shrug and have a look of disbelief) - SOMETIMES when i park my car, i leave my keys in my car - with the car running (it's a little prius that just doesn't make noise when parked). in fact, i just did so thursday evening while getting coffee.) so i have a little mantra i try to remember i say when after i have parked my car - "keys, please, right hand, seize."

Soup
If you could instantly know how to play a musical instrument, which one would you pick?
. the harp

Salad
How long is your hair?
. on my head, just above mid-back.

Main Course
When was the last time you forgave someone, and who was it?
. hmmmm ...? nothing really major. i guess the gal who was my partner in kickboxing thursday evening. she apologized (which i didn't expect) for throwing the wrong combination of punches at me - and one punch that just grazed my shoulder.

Dessert
What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
. right now --- the fridge, because it's keeping my ice cream nice and cold.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL on the TP!! Have a great friday!!

Thu Jun 21, 10:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Juzahlyn said...

hahah wow fixing others' TP that's funny heheh..great feast

Thu Jun 21, 10:36:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast and happy Friday!

Thu Jun 21, 11:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Melody said...

Great feast!
Your appetizer made me laugh...especially about fixing other's TP, LOL.

Happy Friday!

Fri Jun 22, 12:05:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a few little obsessive, "Monk"-like habits myself (like arranging books in order of height or having items placed symmetrically :lol:)

Loved your feast (and your blog)!

Have a relaxing weekend...

Fri Jun 22, 04:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Bill N. said...

Make sure you blog about your interview. I oficially have blog envy.

Since nobody else filled it out in parallel with you, I will:

Funny habit: Posting on shirlsd's blog.

Musical instrument: Bass clarinet, it has such a cool sound and most people don't know what it is. Or maybe I could learn to play a hand saw.

Hair lenght: 0.1"

Last time someone forgiven: Never, I still hold a grudge against the South for rebelling in 1865.

Favorite appliance: Range, it allows us to convert uninspired ingredients into food (ingredients + heat = food).

Fri Jun 22, 06:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ginafish said...

I'm obsessive about the tp in my house, but haven't flipped it at anyone elses...yet. :) And you are the first Harp I've seen. That is a beautiful instrument.

Fri Jun 22, 06:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger shirlnutkin said...

hey there billN ... you'll wanna check out friday's feast to see others' responses. thanks for dropping by ... and on your responses, on hair length, does that mean you cut your hair a little, recently? on forgiving, very clever mr. vermont. and soooo true about the range. have a great weekend.

Fri Jun 22, 07:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

I totally agree with your appetizer! Happy FF.

Fri Jun 22, 08:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Barb said...

I'm an over the top toilet paper person, too. Oh.. and I uncoil twisted phone cords :)

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Fri Jun 22, 08:02:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harp - great choice! Nice feast!

Fri Jun 22, 11:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Tessa said...

I admit I have to do the TP thing too. Its training I still have embedded from my exhusband.

happy weekend!

Fri Jun 22, 07:44:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round.... round and round....

... and OMG I *love* the harp and would love to know how to play.. instantly that is. None of this protracted lessons bullhockey.

...and I love my stove. Gas rules!! Electric blows, and not in the good way.

..and the TP *must* be over. Good on ya, Shirl.

Blog about the interview!!

Fri Jun 22, 08:59:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter